If you think you will never find a well-designed AIO that can print impeccable photos, then you are wrong. HP presents the unbeatable 123.hp.com/envy7855 wireless All-in-One Instant ink ready Printer that comes with a staggering range of features. There’s dual-band Wi-Fi, an automatic document feeder, Four-in-one printing, copying, faxing and scanning, and a front port to access data directly from the USB. As if that was not enough, the printer is also Bluetooth-enabled. A smart app download 123.hp.com/envy7855 on your mobile can accomplish printing from your smartphone itself.
The most common issue in 123.hp.com/envy7855 wireless printer
If you are using the Instant ink ready Printer with Windows and a Netgear c6300 wireless router, then you can always expect an excellent performance. But sometimes, when you power the printer on you will see a blue screen with a power symbol in the center. You may also notice a string of numbers appearing underneath it. While the firmware seems to be up to date, there could be other factors contributing to this problem.
Printer reset as usual
The immediate remedy would be to reset the printer by unplugging it even when the power is on. Then wait for a while and power it back up again. Always ensure that you are using a direct power outlet when you are resetting your HP Envy Photo 7855 wireless All-in-One Instant ink ready Printer.
Static IP addresses
Another troubleshooting measure would be to assign a static IP address for the printer.
Changing the DHCP range for your Printer
The ideal way to do this is to assign a static IP outside of the router’s DHCP range. To know more about this check the manual accompanied with the printer, especially if you are using the Linksys router. Change the DHCP range only after verifying it.
- Disable the ‘Auto Off/Sleep’ on your printer if it seems enabled and then
- open a browser and go to the printer’s IP address
- Click on ‘Settings Tab/Auto-Off’
- Alternatively, you can use the Printer Assistant from the EWS or Printer’s Home Page
- Check the ‘Properties’ of the printer too
- Turn the IPv6 ‘Off’ if your printer supports it
- Now, for the Preferred DNS Server type 18.104.22.168 and for the Alternate DNS server enter 22.214.171.124
- Check the HP Support site to verify if your HP Envy Photo 7855 wireless All-in-One Instant ink ready Printer’s firmware is updated
Changing your Router settings
- Remove the ‘auto’ from the wireless channel and use fixed numbers such as 6, 11 or 1. Start with 1 first.
- Depending upon the router model you must set it to 145 Mbps or 20 MHz
- Use the ‘Mixed’ mode for personal encryption or better still use ‘WPA2-AES’
- Never use the WPS. If it is enabled then it is best disabled
- Also to ensure the router’s security, disable the ‘UPnP’
- All of the above help with the wireless router’s connectivity and render your systems un-hacked
For dual band routers
- SSIDs must be varied for all the bands including Guest Networks and their broadcast should be ‘Enabled’
- After saving all your settings, you will have to power off all your devices including the router and wait for a while
- Now, switch the printer and router on and verify if the HP Envy Photo 7855 wireless All-in-One Instant ink ready Printer is getting connected
Turning your Network Discovery On
- In Windows, you must ensure that your ‘Network Discovery’ is switched on
- For this, go to your current profile and choose ‘Turn on network discovery’