HP ENVY 4500 SERIES (123.hp.com/envy5540)
The model(123.hp.com/envy5540) has built-in wireless connectivity and can be used to print documents directly from your computer, Smartphone or tablet. An active internet connection is required to print your documents. Two-sided printing of documents is another feature in this model.
The design features of Envy 5540 (123.hp.com/envy5540) includes front paper tray panel and have a set of controls in the display, buttons for navigation, and buttons for Checking the wireless network status and web services. The drop down panel can be used to access the paper drawer which has the capacity of maximum 100 sheets. Both black and white, as well as tricolor cartridges, are available with this device(123.hp.com/envy5540).
Envy 5540 (123.hp.com/envy5540) has key features like duplex printing option, print, Wireless direct and Air Print, LCD display and Low profile design which is also another value added feature.
FIRST TIME PRINTER INSTALL (123.hp.com/envy5540)
The unboxing of the 123 HP COM ENVY 5540 Printer
- First, cut the tape and pry the box open. To remove the items out of the box easily, fold back the flaps of the box. The top of the box will contain the accessories for the printer.
- Remove the packed cartridges out of the box. The first cartridge pack will have a card attached to it.
- Note: The card attached to the tricolor cartridge consists of the specifications of the cartridge. It is a good idea to preserve this card for future reference when you have to refill the ink cartridges.
- Remove the last item out of the box before pulling the printer out is the power cable.
- Now, pull the printer out of the box, gently with the help of the handles on the cover and remove the Styrofoam from the sides of the printer.
- The box will also contain a multi-language user guide that provides information for the basic setup and troubleshooting for the printer. A ‘Getting Started’ guide provides step-by-step instructions for the hardware setup of the printer.
- Lastly, the printer also brings along with it an installation CD for both Windows and Mac. This CD will help you install the software for your printer.
- Note: Refer to our website for the latest drivers and software versions and download them for a smooth functioning of your HP Envy 4500.
- Slide the printer out of its packaging and remove any tape, plastic or other packaging materials that are on or inside the printer. All tapes on the printer are designed to come off easily. For the tape in the front, you may probably have to lift the printer up since it runs all the way from the front of the printer to the underside of the printer. Remove the tape that holds the input tray.
- Lift the scanner lid up to remove the plastic around it and peel off the piece of film covering the front of your printer. Remove the protective film from the control panel.
- When you remove the pieces of tape from inside the input tray, you can also push the width adjustment guides to the outer sides.
- Remove the cardboard and tapes from the back of the printer and from inside it.
- Close the top cover of the printer.
- The printer is now unpacked and ready for use.
123.hp.com envy 5540 PRINTER SETUP
The first time hardware setup of the 123.hp.com ENVY 5540 Printer(123.hp.com/envy5540)
- First take the power cord and remove the twist tie around it.
- Untangle the cord and plug it into the back of the printer and ensure that it is firmly in place. The other end should go into a power source.
Note: To prevent any power issues, plug the printer directly into a wall outlet.
- The ‘Power’ button is located on the front of the printer and on the left hand side. Press it to power on your printer.
- When it first powers up, there may be some noise, since the printer is getting initialized
- Use the arrows on the control panel, to scroll and select the language that you prefer and tap on ‘Ok’. Scroll to ‘Yes’ again and tap ‘Ok’.
- Select your country and region at the ‘Set Country/Region’ screen and tap ‘Ok’. Again scroll down to ‘Yes’ and press ‘Ok’.
- You will receive a prompt to insert the ink cartridges.
- Lift the top cover. The carriage will automatically move into the access area.
- Install the tricolor cartridge first and then the black color.
Note: You may have to use the orange pull tab to remove the tape that covers the electrical contacts and ink nozzles.
- There is a color on the locking levers that matches the top of the cartridge. You will have to lift and open the lock lever to install the cartridges and close the lock lever until it snaps into place.
- Once you close the top of the printer it will recognize that genuine HP cartridges have been installed. The ‘Genuine HP Ink Cartridges installed’ message will be displayed on the control panel.Tap ‘Ok’ to continue.
- The printer will now ask you to add paper.
- Pull out the input tray, align a stack of paper and load it into the printer as far as it will go.
- Push the slide width guides inward and close the tray.
- The printer will now print an alignment page. Scan the alignment page by lifting up the scanner lid and placing it face down on the scanner glass.
Note: There is a paper placement indicator on the right front corner of the glass. Use it as a guide to load the paper on to the scanner’s surface.(123.hp.com/envy5540)
- Close the lid of the scanner and tap ‘Ok’ to continue.
- A printer alignment page will now be printed.
- The control panel will display An ‘Alignment Successful’ message.
- Tap on ’Ok’ to continue.
123 hp com envy 5540 Wireless Setup(123.hp.com/envy5540)
Note: You can complete the 123.hp.com/envy 5540 wireless setup through the software that came along with the printer. For this you just have to select ‘Via Software’ on the printer’s control panel.
- Tap on the ‘Wireless’ button on the front of the printer
- Click on the ‘Settings’ option
- Scroll down to the ‘Wireless Setup Wizard’ and press ‘Ok’
- The printer will search for wireless networks
- Once your signal name is displayed select it and press ‘Ok’
- Type in the password – Place the cursor on ‘Done’ and click on ‘Ok’
- The ID and password that you entered will be displayed on the screen and you will be asked to ‘Confirm Settings’
- Press on ‘Ok’ to continue
- The control panel will display a ‘Connection Successful’ message
- You can either print a report by clicking on ‘Print’ or just press the ‘Ok’ button to continue
- Hit the ‘Home’ button to complete the wireless setup.
123 hp com Envy 5540 Google Cloud Print(123.hp.com/envy5540)
As a free service, the Google Cloud Print allows you to print documents from any network-enabled device to your 123 hp com Envy 5540 printer(123.hp.com/envy5540).
No software or driver download is required for this feature(123.hp.com/envy5540).
To enable Cloud Print:
- Check if your computer has standard browsers and operating systems installed such as Chrome, OS X v10.7, Linux, Windows XP or newer
- Create a Google account
- Make sure that the printer is connected to the same network as your device
- Turn the HP Envy 5540 printer on(123.hp.com/envy5540)
- Sign in to your Google account from the Chrome browser
- Select Show Advanced Settings in the Settings window
- In the Manage button select Google Cloud Print
- You can Register your device under New devices, where your HP Envy 5540 printer(123.hp.com/envy5540) will be listed
- In another case, the printer may also be listed under My devices in which case you just have to choose Manage
To Print a document:
- Open the Chrome browser and Sign in to your Google account
- Click on Print in the Google Cloud Print Jobs
- Then click on Select a file from my computer under Upload a file to Print
- Open the document that you wish to print and click on the print command.
HP Envy 4500 ePrint Setup(123.hp.com/envy5540)
- The envy4500 ePrint is a free service that allows printing from any location to your printer.
- An email is sent to the email address assigned to the printer that will enable the web printing services.
- No drivers or software is required
- With the setup, installing the web services provides the user with mobile printing.
- The feature allows you to sign in and view the print job status, manage printer queue, and control user access to the printing.
123 hp com Envy 5540 ePrint Setup(123.hp.com/envy5540)
Connect the computer or mobile device to the internet
Enable Web Services on the HP printer(123.hp.com/envy5540) at setup
- Press the ePrint button on the printer’s control panel
- Accept the terms and conditions for use
- To enable the web services, follow the on-screen instructions to setup on setup
- Print a test page
To find the printer’s email address in envy5540
- Press the ePrint button
- In the Web Services Settings menu select Display Email Address
Customizing the email address for the setup
- Select the Web Services Settings menu
- Choose Print Info Page – this prints an information page containing the printer code and customization instructions
Turning off ePrint
- To turn off ePrint – From the Web Services Settings menu, select ePrint and then Off.
123.hp.com Envy 5540 Airprint Setup(123.hp.com/envy5540)
The 123 hp com envy 5540 AirPrint™ is a mobile printing solution compatible with Apple iOS and later operating systems.
Wireless printing can be accomplished from the iPod, iPhone and iPad to any HP ePrint-enabled printer such as 123 hp com envy 5540.
To use AirPrint™ it is first necessary to:
Check compatibility of the AirPrint™ to the envy4500
List of compatible devices:
- Apple device should be able to use AirPrint™
- Mac OS X Lion (v1.07)
- iOS 4.2
- iPhone® 3GS
- iPad and iPad Touch® third generation
List of compatible applications for iOS devices for AirPrint™
- Mail, photos, PDFs, SAFARI and third-party apps
To check apps for compatibility with the Apple AirPrint™ click on AirPrint™ Compatible Mobile Apps
Check firmware compatibility
For AirPrint™ availability on Firmware:
- Click Installed Personalities and Options to check if AirPrint™ is listed
- If yes, Skip to Connect the Apple device to the same wireless network as the printer
In case the device does not recognize the AirPrint™
- Update firmware